Wednesday 11 April 2012

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - J is for .....


J is for...... .Journals

When I left for my trip, which eventually saw me arrive at Sydney I had purchased a hardback journal. In that  journal I recorded notes from the plane trips, experiences at the airports, people - strangers that I spoke to, meals, arrivals and accommodations. Names and addresses of those people I met along the way and places that I explored. 

Slotted inside were napkins form restaurants that held venue specific data, tickets and postcards with the date of visit on the back. There are a few things that could not be added to the journal such as a flattened tin can from a drink at the Ettamogah Pub in Albury.
Flattened tin can from a drink at the 
Ettamogah Pub 1991
Whatever the journal, whether it is written in more recent times, or from the times of the early settlers, each journal is the written capturing history of moments potentially forgotten, preserving for the future.

The link for the A-Z Challenge 2011 post is HERE

5 comments:

  1. I have done journals for several of my trips and I stick napkins etc. in there too. I never thought of flattening a can though ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to keep the odd things. I have the corks from the champagne bottles at our wedding!

      Delete
  2. I always carry a journal on my journeys and then I'll make a scrapbook. I am in the process of scrapbooking our honeymoon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely. I made a scrapbook for our wedding and honeymoon, although I did actually keep everything in a box in the loft!

      Delete
  3. A fantastic idea Julie, I always start out well but it often diminishes as time goes along. Can't say I often write down quotes even though every time I'm in Ireland I intend to.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...