Tuesday 19 February 2013

February Collage Photo Festival - Day 19

This is my very first school photograph taken in the summer term of 1975. This was at Sandfield School at Guildford. By the time of this photo I had been at the school almost a year and I remained here until 1978 when I moved to the next school.

At this point Surrey had a three school system 5-8 years, 8-12 years and then senior school 12-16 years and then the facility to stay onto until 18 before heading off to University.

My Mum was no stranger to the school as she herself went there from the age of 5 until she was 11, before moving along to senior school.

The teacher at the top right was called Miss Jerome and not only taught me, but also Mum. She was a lovely lady who recognised her students long after they left her classroom.

Now, I am not going to tell you which child is me, see if you can guess.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not even going to try Julie...can I blame my ageing eyesight;-) How amazing that you and your Mum shared a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see it very well, wish I could blow it up another level but is it the little girl third from the right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I was going to say middle row third from the left - but it is very hard to see....

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...