Thursday 11 April 2013

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - J is for .....Junee

Whilst I was in Australia, I had a birthday. Not one of the special ones that end in zero! As my cousin had a birthday two days after mine we had a small get together with about a sixth of the family. Our venue was the Junee Licorice Factory restaurant


The cake was a chocolate cake, filled with delicious ediables inside including some of the licorice that is made by the factory. 

Taken October 2012 - Julie Goucher
It is great that these old buildings find a new lease of life. Inside there are obviously some of the delicious creations that you can purchase. There is various historical displays about how they make licorice and where it comes from. There is also a gift shop with some rather lovely items. My spending was severely controlled by the airline baggage restrictions!




Taking part in the A-Z April Challenge

5 comments:

  1. What a great place to have a birthday celebration Julie! I stopped in at the factory at Junee in September 2011 with my parents and got some yummy licorice and chocolate :) I hope to go again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the cake is like a little pinata. I hate to think you can't eat the cake after you bring that baseball bat down on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now I'm intrigued....a cake with liquorice in the middle?

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vikki, the cake was chocolate, not chocolate sponge, but chocolate like you would eat - a bar of choc. Inside it was filled with chocolate nuts and licorice and plain licorice and strawberries covered in chocolate. It was delicious!

      Delete
  4. That sounds completely deadly and definitely different. Did you need the nulla nulla to beat the others off ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...