Tuesday 12 April 2011

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - H is for .....

H is for.....Holidays

To say that I like holidays would hardly be surprising. There can't be many of us that don't. What I don't like though is the extra work it involves within the day job, so that you are almost doing 4 weeks work in 2 weeks.

The whole experience, getting the suitcases or holdalls out of the loft, or off the wardrobe, selecting the clothes & toiletries, camera and assorted paraphernalia and, most importantly reading materials and perhaps some research notes. I am afraid to say that I was responsible for our packing for one trip and so enthused to packing a whole selection of reading material I forgot a pile of essential clothing for my other half. He was not overly happy, but hey never mind, it could have been worse, I could have left my books behind!

As a child we used to visit Devon and for day trips Brighton and Portsmouth were favourites. Into my early twenties I spent time in Europe and then a year in Australia via Canada, Honolulu & Fiji and returned home via Singapore and Tioman, a fabulous Malaysian Island.

Tioman July 1991
Taken with my Trusty Pentax  - July 1991.
In recent years we have frequented Scotland because that is my my in laws live and we have explored the Scottish borders extensively. We of course have a mental list of places we want to visit and some may wait until we retire, although that is some time off yet, but then again, why wait until then?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...