Saturday 23 April 2011

Book Blogger Hop - Books by the same author


From the Crazy-For-Books web page "the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book blogger and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book blogger to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun! This is a weekly event! And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added!"


There are a few rules!
1. Enter your blog address at the linky list on the Crazy-For-Books website
2. Post about the hop on your blog & answer the question on the Crazy-For-Books website
3. Visit other blogs in the linky list

This weeks question is:

"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"

Absolutely! - I am slightly obsessive about this and will often want to read a series and will locate or buy the first two or three in the series before starting to read. There is nothing more irritating that getting to the end of a book, and not having the next in the series to start. It is rather like missing an old friend.
Even if the book is not part of a series, I still locate others by the same author.

2 comments:

  1. Obsessive or organized and creatively logical? Of course I have to read every book in a series - in order - once I find an author I like -and will hunt all sources, including used book stores to track down those elusive tales. And do I prefer that author's works in print -digital or paper - or audio? Decisions, decisions - and then remembering which format for new publications. Keeping all that straight takes serious organization - and I have been guilty of buying a book twice - sometimes in 2 formats. I, too, like to have all the volumes of a trilogy - or whatever number - when reading them. I don't like waiting a year or more to find out what happens next. Thanks for introducing me to the Book Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping on through. I agree with you on series though at the moment I have a review book that's number 5 in a series I haven't read. I'm really trying to break a habit of a lifetime and not go get those first 4 books...

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...