Friday 1 April 2011

Shades of the Departed - Occupations

I had planned to submit and article for this feature, but life and work got in the way and I have not had time to develop the post properly or to submit it on time. Nonetheless, I had written this small piece to accompany the photograph.

The photograph is of two Agricultural Labourer, the man on the left is my
Great, Great Uncle, Walter Butcher. The picture itself is believed to have been taken at Manor Farm, Wanborough, Surrey.

Walter was the brother to my Great Grandfather Charles and had been born in Wonersh Surrey in 1874.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...