Saturday 28 September 2013

Book of Me, Written by You, Prompt 5

Today is week 5 of what is going to be a 15 month project. Each Saturday, at around 12.30am UK time I will release the prompt for that week's Book of Me, Written by You.

If you are new here, welcome! The details, background flyer and Face Book link to the Book of Me can be found HERE

The prompt for week 5 is Your Childhood Home

When did you leave home?
Where was it?
Where did you move to?
Was it rented or owned? –  with parents/Grandparents
Was it inherited
What was it like – describe it – each room.
Were there a favourite room?
Is there anything you particularly remember from the house?
Pictures
The road & area

Here is the link to the video

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I have a question about the current prompt. I have been working on my current post and am up to 4,400 words! I think I may be going too in depth? Is this supposed to be just a surface description of the houses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think it matters about the length. You are writing the memories and details of your homes and I think that is important. The prompt can be answered however you choose to interpret it, but that fact that you have depth to your post is I think important. If the length is bothersome, perhaps post in sections, divided by years or houses - house one, two or so forth or 1969 - 1976 etc. Remember, this is about information for the future, how you see it.

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...